Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Clare's Fourth Letter! February 17, 2011

"On My Mission"-

So this past week has been action packed for sure! Let's be honest. The week started out a little bit hard, because the doctor scheduled me for a scope (through the throat)! He wanted to make sure that my stomach was fine. That was a successful second field trip. I took the Hungarian nurse with me so I had someone sticking up for me! So it was decided that I would have one Monday.

First Friday came, and our teacher wanted us to memorize 20 verbs this week with half of the conjugations (so 30 per each word), so we could take a test on Friday. I worked SO hard, like way hard. However we all know how I do on tests. First of all, I went on a mission to get away from tests. That obviously did not work! Second of all, it was twice as scary.

I was the only one of ten to not pass with an 85, and I got a 75. He made me raise my hand and say I didn't pass in front of everyone! It was the most embarrassing moment of my life (plus he said you had to take it until you passed). I once again burst into tears and ran out. I was so upset because I tried so hard. Finally, I went and talked to him and told him that I had known the words, but I DON'T take tests. So I never have to do that again THANK HEAVENS!

So that night, some of my district felt some tension..I haven't!? The DL did weekly planning and everyone left very upset and mad! I was very annoyed with everything so I decided to go shower because its your ONLY alone time, I love showering now.

Things were still rough when SUNDAY came. I love going to church and Music and the Spoken Word. Our president was released unfortunately, and we got a new one. I, trying to be nice, welcomed the new first counselor's wife. Then she began reprimanding me in front of the MTC president for having my tag too low....Its okay though! I am sure we will be best friends.

During district meeting, we had a perfect scene from Mean Girls. The DL had everyone go around the room and say what were thinking so we could become a more open district with less tension. It was SO good, because we had prayed for the spirit, and because we did many things making it became better between the district.

SO PRAYER works, and being open. So then Sunday night we had devotional. Shocker...I fell asleep again because of the new medicine I was on. However ,after I was able to have Elder McCullam give me blessing for the next big day for the SCOPE! It was a wonderful blessing, and I am so grateful for the priesthood and the men that are worthy to have it. He said exactly what I needed. So Monday came, and I got to partake on field trip three, To Doctor Thorp.

They tried three different times to get IV's in. I went in and the doctor was like,"Well, Happy Valentine's Day! Let's take pictures!" So don't worry, they are on their way. It was good to get a scope.

What they found was Gastritis, and they took a biopsy for infections. My stomach was YELLOW and TORN UP PRETTY GOOD, when it should look like the side of your lip. I had my Hungarian nurse with me when I was waking up. She filled me in on some of the funny things from when I was waking up:


1. Me: "There are lights in my eyes!" Sister Paprizt: "No Clare, they're in the ceiling." Me: "NO! THEY'RE IN MY EYES!" And then I passed out again.


2. I woke up and said to her, "WHO ARE YOU?!" She told me and I freaked out and said,"Why are you staring at me?!"


3. I was in a bed next to many old people, so the doctors kept telling a few of them, There's nothing we can do... it's not looking good and you have an infection." I became VERY confused and turned to Sister P. and said, "Tell me honestly.What is AFFECTION, and how do we get rid of it?"


4. When I heard it was bad, (what they were telling the other patients) I kept saying, "VOLDEMORT IS IN MY STOMACH, TAKE HIM OUT, TAKE HIM OUT! i PROMISE I WILL EAT LESS! TAKE MY STOMACH OUT AND VOLDEMORT WILL BE GONE!"


5. Sister P. asked, "Did you have any good dreams?" I replied with,"Yes, I dreamed I was Dumbledore. I was converting people with my wand and yelling spells!"


6. The last but best.... I asked her, "Do I still look hot? Even as a patient?"


I don't remember any of that, but she wrote it all down to tell me after... Apparently my subconscious mind is obsessed with Harry Potter, Affection, and Hottness...

After the procedure I had the doctor write me a prescription for SUBWAY and JAMBA JUICE. It was a legit prescription. The driver said I could pick, so I picked Subway. Everyone was really jealous!

After eating, I went to "Sick Bay", where I got to sleep for 3 hours, it was uber nice. Pretty much the whole day I was out of it, and felt pretty weird. I didn't even teach that night because I couldn't keep my eyes open at all.

So...now I am on Aciphex once a day until my stomach rebuilds. No more pain medication unless it is Tylenol, no more soda or acid foods... Awesome... But he said that may have been the root of all of my problems in the first place. So he took me off the anti depressant that helped the intestines called Dexopin for two weeks. Then they said, either you will get really sick or not. We will see...

I am so happy. This has taught me so much about faith, hope and the power to be healed. I have never felt better! I am ready to teach it up now! Yesterday was amazing, I got to talk to my mom again! We had just finished our 2 hour SYL (speak your language) walk. It was so good because I could actually speak and form sentences and full conversations. I know that the Lord is blessing me big time!

Today for the temple, we did sealings and I loved it. I ran into Cousin Talbot in the room and it was good! I have seen them a lot, and I am happy they are here.

Overall, this was a good, LONG week. I am happy most of the time :) and I am LEARNING A LOT! Thank you for all of your prayers and fasting and temple time for me, it really has blessed me.

I hope all is well,and yes, thank you for all of the packages and Dear Elders! You are allowed to Dear Elder me every day if you want, even if it's just hey, I LOVE IT! This week we learned that the more we study the Atonement, the closer we come to Christ. I challenge you all to ready 2 Nephi chapters 2 and 3 on page 307. If you don't have a Book of Mormon find one. :) I promise it will help. I know this church is true, and that this is were I am supposed to be.

Love,
Motra Clare Vaterlaus
(In Albania I will have to go by Motra Vati!)

No comments:

Post a Comment