Sunday, February 6, 2011

Clare's Second Letter! February 2, 2011

Everyone-


I am the luckiest girl alive! I have gotten so many letters this week, and I am so happy! I just got an entire envelope of letters from my kids at Adams Elementary! I LOVED IT, and thank you so much for all of the pictures and letters from all of you on the staff too. I miss all of you and hope that it is going well. Don’t worry! I am learning some cool Albanian games to bring back to the kids. This week I have felt like the kids I have been teaching. I am learning to read, and I am not very good at it yet so I have to go out with the teacher to do it. The alphabet is completely said how it sounds. NOT ONE LETTER CHANGES!

It is crazy to switch from Albanian mode to English to Albanian. It is starting to come along though. We were only allowed to speak Albanian at lunch one day this week. TOUGH. Lauriann will be so happy, because I am having to learn basic English so I can actually understand the Albanian. To form a sentence takes about 20 minutes. Everything changes in it, each word.


We found out this week that it is the 3rd hardest language to learn at the MTC. The Asian Language is the hardest, then the Finns (Elder Carr’s)-he is in the room next to me I see him all the time. Then ALBANIAN! Every word has about 9 conjugations to be used. It is CRAZY. There are about 14 different words for one noun that has to be decided before you actually say a sentence. It is tough! I already love it though because you use a lot of facial expressions and hand gestures. Brother Herd said I have the best direct “no” gesture he has ever seen. So at least I am good at that.

Well For RS we had Pamela Norby talk, and it was good. I love Sundays! It the one day you get off! Then we had Elder Swenson speak, who is in the MTC presidency. He gave a GREAT talk and I got to sit by Max the whole time! Tuesday night we had Kevin Duncan from the 70 speak ( who is my companion Motra Read’s cousin) so I “kind of got to meet him”.

I have become an AVID volleyball player. I have bruises all over my arms and hands from it and even a finger bone a little out of place. The MTC is starting to get better, I can’t believe how much time has gone past already. TWO WEEKS!

All I can say is that if you can survive the first week then you can do it. The first week was the hardest week of my life though. I finally felt at peace when Elder Duncan was speaking about how it's not just this life we are changing but the lives of all their posterity! I loved that so much, to think that the Lord has sent me to do such things. I have made a BEST FRIEND, she is Tongan, and is going to CO. I call her El Tigre and she calls me Dragon! I love it!

I have loved the mail I have received! So, I thank you all, and keep it coming! It keeps my hopes up and makes me look really popular... JK....

Here is an Albanian word for you!

ha- to eat

(That's my favorite!)

Anyway, I am doing better, and I love it now. The first week is hard but I CAN DO HARD THINGS! Okay. I miss you all and think of you all.

I enjoyed going to the temple today for the regular 10:40 session. It was nice to feel peace of what I am doing. All I can say is that if you have a desire then you need to go. It will be hard but the lessons learned are indescribable........

WRITE ME :) I love all of you, and THANK all of you for your support!

Love you,
That's hot!
Motra Vaterlaus

No comments:

Post a Comment