Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Clare's Third Letter- February 9, 2011

"On my mission...."


SO..... I have so much to tell you all. First of all I am very excited for Kaitlin to serve in New York, because that is where I thought I would go! I am so EXCITED for you!

Well this week has been full of adventure.
Last Thursday morning, after not keeping anything in my stomach for days the teacher made me go to the doctor after leaving three times that morning to throw up.... The MTC doctor had too much to do, so I got to take a field trip to the BYU health center...
Cars, real people, even holding hands. They gave me the good stuff for nasuea (the kind they
give to people doing chemo) and then tested all of my blood again.

I liked that doctor. He started me on a new medicine, and it was a MIRACLE drug. The next day I felt so much better, and was fine. I was a little bit annoyed that they made me do a follow up exam, because I feel great.

So yesterday we got to go again to the doctor. He was NOT very nice. He made it clear that in his opinion with my history I should be reassigned, and I probably would not make it through a whole mission especially in Albania. I was very upset! I know the Lord needs me there, and after 3 weeks of Albanian there is no turning back.

He did another stomach exam that usually kills and it didn't hurt at all! I kept telling him I am fine, that it was just a flair up. So against my will I will be going to the GI tomorrow just for him. At least I get to do exchanges, my two motras will be staying here, and I will be going with the Hungarian sister, Paparitz, who is a trauma nurse, so don't fear! I will have back up.

The doctor also said that none of the medicine will make it through customs. The whole time I kept thinking, well there must be a way because I am working for God, and he can do anything. It took me awhile to not be annoyed but its going to be all right!

The language is coming along. It is still completely insane that someone could learn this! We have taught a lesson in Albanian already. This week we taught the Finn's who were the investigators

We got two roommates this week that are going to Maryland? They are very interesting to say the least. They came home very VERY upset because their teacher made them act like missionaries trying to get into the house when they were late.

Side note, the day one of the girls came I had the weirdest dream that it was her birthday the next day. SO I asked her about it and she said it wasn't, but it was soon but wouldn't tell us when. The next night at 10 pm her companion told us it was her birthday...awkward! We threw her a surprise party. I can see the future!

We went to the temple today and loved it! I have lost six pounds and I am now an all star volleyball player! It's crazy.

I am so grateful for all of the letters and packages I have gotten. It is my favorite thing to read Dear Elders at night! The mission is going great, all I can say to someone thinking about going is, if you have the desire then you need to go.

I have been so blessed with the Elders around me and my companions. It is crazy how fast you can immerse yourself in the work. We took a new approach that I think it amazing. While studying the scriptures we are supposed to focus on stories about investigators. When we can understand them, that is when we can teach.


Fun Facts of the week:

-One of the 70s came and spoke- he is new at speaking English and kept saying we need to be "juciefied" (the gum) when we think he was saying crucified or justified.

-During the same meeting a boy we think feel asleep next to us just flat out fell out of his chair on to the floor; he was pretty embarrassed!

- I see MAX everywhere and love it.

Well off to get my GTL on, but just know I am doing great, and I love it! This is the perfect growing experience. I hope all is well in all of your lives. Know I love you and miss you!

Dashuri

Motra Vati

(They are going to shorten my name; this is it in Albanian. Yes, names change to accoadrance of the sentence... CRAZY!!)

Pictures are in the mail!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Clare is hilarious! My favorite line is this letter is "I can see the future!" Classic Clare quote! So happy she is doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare I love you so much! I am so thankful for your friendship and your letters! love you!

    ReplyDelete