Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week One!! January 26, 2011

"On My Mission"-

Okay! I am so happy to finally get to email you something. Thank you for all of the letters from everyone! It has been good help. I have found this to be the hardest thing I have ever done. I am learning to be humbeld and fast.

I have two Motras (compaions). It turns out we have one of the biggest districts for Albania in years! We started with 11 and 1 already left. There are 7 elders. I have fallen in love with all of them! They are the best elders. Elder Kanaras is in mine and he is a mini stake president waiting to happen. Elder Mcullum, the one from BC is so funny! I have really enjoyed all of their help. For the sisters I have Motra Read,(only got her call 3 weeks ago) who is awesome and I love her, and also Motra Reynolds, who I am learning from. She is SMART, there is not a thing that she doesn't do. I am learning to be patient :) We are the only district to have 3 teachers. We have a Native who I would like to make mini and carry him around in my pocket. He is the best; his Name is Brother Hoaxe. The other two served in Albania and are good teachers. Brother Herde, and Brother Ellinson. (?)

The Language is SO HARD. I feel like my brain is being constantly pushed through a cheese grater. However it is coming slowly. I can pray, bear testimony, do 6 of the over 50 tables of congugation, and do the entire alphabet. It is much differnt then English! Elder McBride (from Sugar City ID) and I are the only two that have never learned a Language. The rest of them have learned 2 to 4. So you can see my frustration....It is so hard to be the slowest learner, but I am used to it. It will take time!

I have only burst into tears 3 times since I have been here. It is honestly the hardest thing ever. This week has felt like a YEAR. I am learning to have a companion, which is something
that is hard for me. It's hard to get up every time I have to go the bathroom or they do and go with them. You're right; this is good marriage prep!

Since the beginning of the week I have been sick. I have had a cold, and my stomach has been messed up again. After so many lessons about you can be healed, and after throwing up boy peanut butter ( the chunky kind) I decided to ask the elders for a blessing. It is hard to be the slowest learner and feel sick the whole time. It was the neatest experience. None of them had ever given a blessing, so it was a good learning experience. Elder Kanaras is the one who started it, and I was so happy that I had so many worthy young men around that have the ability to heal me. Elder Olson (our DL) then gave me the blessing. He blessed me with many things, he even cried. That night we had Elder Evans ( who is a 70) speak. He focused on President Monson and family. When we discussed family in the meeting, every boy and girl was crying. They all love their families very much.

GOOD NEWS! Apparently Cosovo (?!) The country near Albania is being opened soon, and Albanian speakers will be going...So who knows I might serve in two countries, and be
able to open a new mission!

Lets See...Sunday is my new FAVORITE DAY EVER, because we get to watch the district night which is like the MTC version of the OC or the Hills. I got to hear from the General
Primary Presidency, and meet her. I even got HUGGED by her.

I have seen Max and Talbot EVERYWHERE. I sat by Max at the fireside last night. He has been a good help to me, and a great comfort. Talbot seems to be doing AWESOME! I am so proud of the family I have. I was not allowed to hug max ever, so I was upset. I will get over it.

Overall the mission is going good, SUPER HARD, FRUSTRATING, AND SOMETIMES NOT FUN, however I find myself the HAPPIEST when teaching about the gospel. I know this is where I am supposed to be and that I can do this.

Please DEAR ELDER ME on MONDAYS so I can email it back to you. I LOVE DEAR ELDERS, please, even if its just a LINE write me one. It makes the bad parts in the day seem not so bad. Thank you for all of the support, and I love all of you!

Mirupafishim!
Dashuri

CLARE (Yes, you may use my real name; I MISS IT SO MUCH!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment