Thursday, May 5, 2011

April 25, 2011 Letter 13

"On my Mission"
WOW, this week has come and gone. It was a pretty long week for sure. Apparently I came at the beginning of the busy time of the year.

I was put in Henrietta? My Trainer is Sister Wilkinson, and she will go home in July. We live in the nicest apartment, so we are the lucky ones but we are so far away from everyone! Our President has us living outside our actual area. This mission is very unique because we are proselyting and site sisters.

So, as what is called "pageant month" comes we leave our areas for two weeks and all of the sisters move into one home ( well at least 14) of us and we will work from like 6:30 in the morning till midnight... That's coming up in July, something to look forward to.

Yesterday (my first time in NY church) a man walked up to me and said, "I don't care if you are obedient at all on your mission, except those two weeks in the summer." He said, "That alone will get you to heaven." Pretty funny.

So we do A LOT of driving- almost 90 to 100 miles a day going from our area to the sites, which is kind of a bummer because I get car sick....Other than that i have been UBER healthy for some reason. Maybe it was just the MTC. I am healthy, still tired all of the time, but good!

We had our first baptism and it was great, not a lot of people showed up which is sad but it was Easter, I guess.

Yesterday at church was different. Lets just say it is NOTHING like a ward you would find out west at all. It is kind of sad, but there is a lot of work to do. We have been doing a lot of inactive work, member work, and not too much with nonmembers yet because they were all out of town for spring break. So this week is jam packed with lessons, service and working at the sites.

Working at the sites is very different. It is like a JOB that you need to show up for. Its super nice, but just a different then what I have expected.

I love reading the scriptures here though because this is were it all started.

It is HARD work, and sometimes not very fun, but I am doing well and trying my best. I miss you all and love you all! Write me at my new "New York" address!!!!!
-Sister/Motra Vaterlaus

No comments:

Post a Comment