Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sister Vati's 7th Letter! March 16, 2011

On My Mission---


It was last Thursday that I was called into the MTC presidents office- FINALLY! After becoming best friends, and he asked if I had any boys waiting for me. He said that if not, he would set me up when I got back.


Then he told me...........




I HAD BEEN REASSIGNED TO THE:


ROCHESTER NEW YORK MISSION, VISITOR CENTER!



I can not tell you how happy I was. I told him how funny it was that I was reassigned there because that is where I thought /wanted to go in the first place. It got even better when he told me I would finish Albanian. The only kind of downside is that I am now a
14 week MTC sister.

I will finish Albanian on April 5th and have the for sure tearful goodbye to my companions and district whom I love! Then I will have a week of Albanian maybe to myself or maybe just nothing, until the next week where I will do my visitor center training with the girls going to NY!

I was told I may or may not use my Albanian, in New York, but I have already invested so much time that the Apostles thought there is a reason....

This was a HUGE learning experience of PATIENCE and of FAITH and of PRAYER. I can't tell you how hard it was to learn in the MTC with no destination, but luckily I can do hard things! I have never been so happy!

I will get to work in Palymara, the Hill Cumorah Pageant- pretty much all of the historic sites in NY. So now I am accepting visitors! This would be a great time to book plane tickest to come see me :) I mean New York, is a lot closer then Albania!


So now I need to buy a whole new wardrobe... we will see how that works out! I had my new ENGLISH badges for the VC put into my mailbox, they were handed to me in the class, I almost burst into tears, It will be very hard to not be a true Motra, and leave my District!


As for my health....I have some still! I have still been somewhat sick, I had another doctors appointment on Monday, where I got a CT. I had to drink a gallon of some mixture. The lady felt bad though, and decided to pour in an entire thing of Crystal Light. I have never drank so much and had something so sour!

I then got to get in scrubs, they only had XL, so it looked pretty funny. It took three different trys to get an IV in. ( the guy was nervous I think because his wife is friends with Emily). Then I had the iodine. The CT came back about normal with a few quirks, but over all good! I had to go in on Tuesday for a follow up at the MTC one.

While I was in the waiting room, I started to have the worst pain ever, I thought I was giving birth. I couldn't really move, so thank heavens it happened in a doctors office, because they gave me a shot of what I like to call "child's narcotics". Tramadol? I think.

Oh my heavens was I happy after that. At this point, all they can do is give me pain killers for when it hurts, because there's not much more to do. Anyways I go back in on Monday to the GI!


We have been teaching in Albanian for awhile now. It is still hard but we are managing. We taught, what we felt, was our first really good lesson last night, to Rudi. An Albanian. He did NOT follow through on his commitment so we did what we were taught and got mad at him ( in a good missionary way). It turned out really well! We then read the scriptures with him and after asking like 7 times, we convinced him to pray for us. It was fun!


We have also been teaching a sister named Suzy, in the TRC. She is cute, she said we were the only ones that had meet her needs since she started the character. She said we are the best trio she has seen teach because it is so hard to balance with three. However our trio has been through a lot and we have become so unified that it has helped out teaching a lot!

The motrat is having lots of fun. We have developed a weird nightly routine. We start saying things in Albanian and then they just turn into animal sounds, which I guess is the most appropriate fun missionaries can have!


I have joined the choir, and I am pretty much professional. I am just trying to expand my abilities at the MTC, and or my companions want to go and or its a good way to get a seat!
My dad would be proud because ever Monday Morning we get up at 6:30 and we go and clean bathrooms. 5 HUGE ones. I am the mopper and sweeper. I am so good at it......


Thank you to all of my friends, family, and ward for your support. I received lots of mail this week and it truly was a good thing :) Know that I am SO HAPPY, and have some health! I can't wait until I get to go to New York and find the 5 Albanians I may teach.

I learned that if we let the Lord take care of everything and put it in his hands then it will all work out. He has a plan for each of us, a SPECIFIC plan. It is crazy that my mission has played out this way but I would have it no other way. I have learned so many things that will bless me through out my life. It will help me with a future husband (if he's lucky), children, and trials to come- I am sure. Prayer works and having a firm faith understanding of Christ really takes you far in life.

I love you all, and I am preparing for Consecration week next week. It starts Wednesday. We ONLY speak Albanian. PERIOD no matter what.... We'll see :)

Love,
Sister/Motra Vati

No comments:

Post a Comment