Thursday, May 5, 2011

Letter Eleven: April 15, 2011

On My Mission.....

Well sorry it feels like it has been forever, I started Visitor Center Training and my preparation day got switched to Friday and its really only a half prep day. First things firsts, I have written many of you but the letters keep getting sent back so ( Mitch, Uncle Bret, Kaitlin) I wrote you like 2 weeks ago and it got sent back don't be offended.

WOW the change into a English district was strange....I am totally grateful for all of the time that I have spent in the MTC because I feel so prepared to go, and I feel bad for the English ones because most of the time they don't get through all of the lessons. For my random 3 or 4 days of English training and had two GREAT teachers. Brother Laubaugh and Brother Hoops (who is from Boise, and we have some common friends). I loved seeing different teaching methods and how they loved the gospel. It was not to hard for me to say goodbye to the English district but it kind of made me relive saying goodbye to mine and so it made me a little bit sad! After they left it was Just Sister Crook and I for two days before we could start VC training. We kind of took it easy, don't worry we still got a lot done but it was nice to make our own schedule for two days!

Sister Crook and I have really developed a great unity. She is a super funny girl, we walk maybe 5 steps without her being stopped and told how pretty she is, (because she is) and asked if they can take a picture of her. It gets a little bit awkward at times with the elders, they love to flirt.....It is also hard to go anywhere because she knows literally everyone, and we get to stop and talk to them. She is a model, she has done the last three issues 9f 'Down East, shes the tall tan one that looks like a quidet (Jersey Shore). She has a great sense of humor and i love it.

So visitor center training has started, and can I just say I LOVE IT! This is perfect for me. We have our own special private room with keypad entrance and everything. Last night was our first Visitor Center Practice. Turns out one of my previous EFY participants Morgan came, and she acted as my non-member! It was crazy to hear from her that she is getting married soon, I only had her last summer! This teaching taught me that I talked WAY to much. SO for the second time I wanted to make sure that I didn't talk a lot, so I prayed and asked to be the listener. Then on my second round I got to teach a real member and we did the real life thing and my prayer was sure answered.

It was by random assignment and I got the beautiful black girl from FL. She had a crazy conversion story about how she had searched for different churches her whole life, and she had known about the LDS but her Grandma did not like it. Her sister turned 18 and got to be Baptized. Long story short during YW's one Sunday she stood up and yelled "Fine! I want to be baptized!" She did and then met her husband. They were sealed in the temple and had two kids. Then one day her husband took the kids and said were leaving and did not give her a reason why. She still talks to him and the kids but to this day she says she doesn't know why. But her testimony if firm and she knows it will all work out. I was amazed. Her plan is to come and do school and get a good job and the fight in court for her kids. I told her that she had such a strong testimony and that she needed to be sharing it with everyone. SO I got my first real referral! (in VC training we are taught that this is our fruit, not baptisms) Any if any Elder or Sister thinks about this in a lowly manner, just remember that most of the people you teach are our referrals :) we are the front line! I love the idea of a visitor center because I will meet people from all nations, I will meet members, less active, inactive, and nonmembers but the purpose is still the same and each person still needs something. We all need something from someone!

Finally, last like Thursday Night I got my Travel Plans, I am LEAVING finally on my like week 15..

I had my final Doctors appointment with Doctor Thorpe. He took me of all my Medicines for the most part I went from taking like 10 a day down to 3 or 4. I feel a lot better, not tired, and hopefully I will lose the weight it made me gain, but don't worry I'm not fat.

I had my last pass of inspection yesterday with Doctor Sampson at the MTC and had him do a quick strep check because my throat hurt, and honestly it would happen to me. It came back negative thank heavens so just another cold. The joke is now that everyone thinks they are going to just keep delaying me and i will eventually serve in the MTC. But weird I have already served a good chunk of it in the MTC!

Overall though, I love the VC training, it is the perfect mission for me! I think I needed the time in the MTC, I needed to meet certain people, and I feel like Its time to go. The packing has started! I still could have another suitcase so I bought another small one just for my Albanian books. Our room is a mess, and we love it because it means were leaving! I get to go to SLC on Saturday at 3 and come home by 9. I get to do the real thing! I am pretty excited! I am praying that I get paired up with the two Native Albanians there so I can use some of my Albanian. I feel like since I have let my brain rest a little bit that I can speak it so much better now.... weird eh?


Anyways, my Preparation Day is super uber short today so If you don't get a letter this week, or birthday card im sorry! I don't know when my next one will be....but i think this is my new address (don't dear elder me after today i wont get it!) unless you send it to the NY Rochester one?

Sister Vaterlaus
New York Rochester Mission
100 Perinton(or perrington-check on that)- Hills
office park Ste. 120
Fairport, NY 14450

And feel free to write me!!!!! I accept packages to, since my companion is famous she at least gets one package a day, one day she got six with about 13 letters, I got to help her carry them back to the room.....it was just funny.....Thank you to all have written me in the MTC and I am sorry if the mail has not been getting to you, I don't know why crazy!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh its frustrating but I am trying!
Okay, well I am out, and so ready to go only like 3 days!
I love you all and you're hot!
Love
Motra Vati/Sister Vaterlaus

No comments:

Post a Comment