Thursday, May 5, 2011

14th Letter May 2, 2011

On my Mission-

So this week has been crazy!

Last Tuesday we decided to go and check on some former investigators in what is called Myrtle Wood which is government housing. They were investigators from 2008, so we kind of knew that we would meet all new people, and we did.

My first one I totally thought that they were Albanians, they weren't but close. They were Russian. They kicked us out pretty fast! The next house we went to was a Man named Marcus, and he said he didn't have time but he set up an appointment for tomorrow, so my first investigator.

After that it got even better, because we met Emad and his family, and they are from Iraq. We taught him a first lesson and he asked us to come back in a week and set up an appointment, so two investigators my first REAL day in the area.

Then we went to Jose's house who was an investigator. His mom answered the door, and YELLED, "It's the Mormons! COME IN and teach me." However she only spoke Spanish, some English, I tried my Albanian on her it didn't work..ha ha...So we popped in the Restoration video in Spanish and watched it with her. She was tearing up. Right when it was about to do the first vision her cell phone started playing some big booty song and it was right by me, so me being the cunning person I am, hurried and hid it under the pillow next to me and sat on it so she couldn't hear it...She may have missed a call but she felt the spirit for sure!

Haha, after that she said, "I have one question. Do you let dark skin people into your church?" We were shocked, and said YES and replied with a good scripture. After that I just blurted out before I could stop myself, "BAPTISIMO????" and she said, "YES YES YES YES YES please." So we have May 28 set for her but she left to Puerto Rico? for ten days...so it might be pushed back....funny though, it was a little unreal.

Then we drove over to Karen's, who was a former as well and taught her a first lesson and she said she loved it because she could see the pureness in our eyes, it was sad- she really had red eyes....She set up appointment for last night, but called and cancelled. SO four investigators and a baptism commitment on my first day is not bad.....

On Wednesday we had to go get all 4 brakes in our car fixed, then we went to Cameron and did our service and hung out with my hood friends. We cleaned up their huge freezer. We are doing a HUGE service project with them this Saturday with the whole ward, we are painting so it should be fun. I love the hood...Wednesday night the RAIN RAGED and there was a tornado warning, the sky was green, and it's so weird that almost every day there is HUGE dark cloud of Rochester, you can tell it's a little evil...

A man from the Bronx who grew up in the streets of NY city said Rochester is more dangerous then that ever for sure. We ended up going to the RS activity with our investigator Hu Yen (we taught them this week to and her husband Alex). I was soaked from HEAD to TOE. I almost blew away and the umbrella was seriously flying out of my hands. It rains A LOT here. I have only had one day with out rain. It was a good activity though, it's gardening for city girls, I am sending you the papers in your mothers day box...


Thursday we went to Palmyra for our site meeting and training ALL DAY. I am part of a trying thing, so I will be with my trainer for 12 weeks and then I will train on my third transfer. The site meeting was cool, and I think it's a secret they are announcing it on my 15 i think, but they are opening up another HUGE VC in Harmony PA (SCRANTON)!!!.

It is going to be HUGE. Our groundskeeper BOB PARRET? whose not a member but knows everything and is so good about it. He is heading up the project so he came and gave a presentation. It was sweeet! I thought mom would like this because there are archelologist right now digging to find information.

Saturday we worked at the Joseph Smith Farm and on my third time I gave my first SOLO tour to three future missionaries (with calls), two parents, and a person with a baptisim date. It was sweet. SO for the sites we have three site manuals. One for the Grandin (BOMPS) where the BOM was bound and sold, the Joseph Smith farm (JSF) and the the Whitmer farm (WF). Then the Hill Cummoarh (HC) is self explanatory. We have try to do about 5 hours of studying a day. 1 personal 1 and 1'2 of companionship, then 1 hour of sites, then i try to get in as much Albanian as i can!. It is a long time to study. Me being the huge history buff that i am, not, am learning ALOT about early church history. Elder Lenker wants us to read JS history at least once a week as well...Our entire mission. It should increase our testimonies and improve our language and thoughts. It has!

Sunday was great. Some random girl, Senytra, showed up with her son Trinity and said she wants in. The ward was great this week. We had like 3 member dinners this week, one took us to fast food. I was sick for maybe 4 days... I have lost all 12 pounds I gained. Yay!

Anyways things are great in Henrietta and the Hood. The sites are so fun, I have only worked the HC and JSF and I get to do the Grandin this week. But because its an hour drive its long.......

well, love you all you're hot!
Sista V

No comments:

Post a Comment