Thursday, May 5, 2011

Letter Ten April 7, 2011

Well, it's so crazy how much can change in one week. First of all, my Preparation Day has changed to Thursdays (for this week). I have entered a random English branch for their last 5 days. However, I am companions with Sister Alexendra Crook. She will be going to New York with me as well. It is so different, English speaking. I always just start talking in Albanian and realize that know one understands me which has both its benefits and none? Ha.

I really enjoyed Conference; it was pretty good! I only fell asleep during the foreign speaking ones cause I couldn't understand them except Uchtdorf. I really love the talk that empowered women and also the talked about marriage. It is so true, and it made everyone in the MTC like freak out a little bit, because they are all planning on getting married two weeks after they get home now. So to my single friends, but mostly siblings, IT IS TIME TO GET MARRIED. I am serving so that you can be blessed with a spouse. :)

On Saturday night we got to watch the Young Women Re-run of conference. I kept thinking of cousin Madalyn McRae, I was so excited that she hopefully got to watch it.

After that, Monday was rough. I started to say my goodbyes, to my district, because I was starting my procedure prep at 3 that day and would have to stay in the rest of the night. They were all leaving at 5 the next morning. It was extremely hard to say goodbye to all of them. I had all of my elders administer another blessing for me fore my procedure and also for the last time. It was amazing. I had Elder McCullam do it again.

So all the Albanians were preparing and I knew they would have a lay over in NY. Since I was missing the testimony meeting Monday night, I decided to write the group a letter, and then each missionary, and told them they could only read them in New York! It was fun to hand them out. I lost it when I had to say good bye to some of my Elders they have become some of my closest friends and also the Motras. Elder Merrat left me with a very inspiring letter that they made me. I feel a lot better about not being a motra anymore.

So after all the goodbyes I went back to the Room, and started Colon Prep. I can see why they make people wait till they are 50 to get one. It is NOT fun at all. I did loose 8 or 9 pounds- that's for sure. But I was up the entire night.

The Motrat left around 5 and I hugged them each goodbye. After realizing that Motra Read had left her straightener, Papritz and I darted after her and caught her before getting on the bus, and it gave me a chance to say goodbye to everyone again!

The night before though, one of our Elders who was already packed and everything (Edler McCullam), found out that he was delayed because of his stomach, and would not fly out. So Tuesday morning I went to weigh myself at the gym and saw him I freaked out! I thought he had gone! I was so excited to still have someone there.

After that I went to my procedure with Papritz (who found out she was finally leaving the next day) and met up with Emily! It was so SO fun to catch up with Emily. It was not weird to see her and it didn't make me homesick; I really liked it alot. The things she brought were perfect. My new first day of my new mission outfit was perfect, and the cookies where delicious and I love my new scripture marker!

The procedure itself was not bad at all. Kevin was my nurse again. Emily brought me Subway and Jamba and I loved it. They didn't find anything wrong, so now it is just managing the medicines. I met with the PA Ibarra today and just lowered my dose of Doxepin to 25 for now. I get one more big doctor appointment next week with Thorpe for the clear off!

So after my procedure I went and slept from 12 to about 4:30 in Sick Bay- I loved it! Then we finished packing up and went to the devotional. I was SO happy though, because Elder McCullam found out that he was fine and that he would get to fly out the next morning at 5. So He and I sat together and talked in our Albanian during the fireside with the Hungarians, and then joined them for their district meeting. It felt so weird because EM and I felt really old in the MTC and wise with the brand new Hungarians.

I said my final goodbyes to EM and he left. I spent one last night in my high class room and then the next day Papritz and Skiba helped me move buildings. This one is a lot more trashy for sure......I only have 3 room mates now. Its crazy. My companion is gorgeous. People just stop and stare, its different because I have been here for almost 13 weeks and she is on week 2. So its fun to finally have a say in something and feel like I can help!

The last lesson that the Motrat taught, we got a fake investigator to cry for real and commit to baptism. It was such a neat experience!

Other Highlights:

We had some football player come and speak Sunday night, Aki something or other he works for NBC to for sports it was a nice relaxing time for sure!

Other than that I have been some impressed by all of the prayers and faith that are being exercised in my behalf. I the best example has still Been Addison Fish, becauseI received a letter from her (she is in primary) and she told me she fasted the whole 24 hours for me to feel better. I have never seen such faith and in such a young girl. She is truly a daughter of God. I thank you all, and send my best. I love you and I am doing well. Just readjusting. My new box number is 163!

Thanks again!

Loves.

Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment