Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sister Vaterlaus's Eighth Letter! MARCH 23, 2011

On my Mission!


Well, well, well....TODAY is the day. I started my Consecration week about 30 mins ago, so far no English. We are going from today all the way until next Wednesday when we enter the temple grounds. We are only allowed to speak English if we are at a meeting or the doctors. So i might get to speak a lot...bej shaka (just kidding). For Consecration week we also give things up, however My teacher told me that my sacrifice of speaking a foreign language for an entire week is a HUGE one and is impressed that I am even willing to do it. I will try my best, it will be hard, but I CAN DO HARD THINGS!


So I went to the doctor again this week, and at this point I have stumped another person. He upped my dosage of one of the medicines. I take about 7 to 8 pills a day- 6 of which cause drowsiness, so I fall asleep a lot, and they cause loss of coordination so I am clumsy now!

However I have been feeling slightly better. I have another doctors appointment in two weeks with the PA and then they are so worried (ish) that they got me an appointment with the best GI doctor at Central Utah before I leave to make sure everything is good.

This week has been way good! We had the Hungarian and another sister move in with us. Sister Kurts was the other one, she is cute,and I LOVED having her there because she is going to the Park City visitor Center (she is the first sister to go there). So she filled me in on all the Visitor Center things. Her cousin has also been called to my new mission and will be coming in at the same time, so I will have fun!


With all of this medicine I am on, my doctor has given me permission to take medical naps when needed. So Saturday for two hours with the other sickly girl I got to take a nap, I may or may not have loved it.

Saturdays are also my favorite days because we get to the play the foot game. Which is an Albanian kids game, we love LOVE it, especially when the weather is good.

On Sunday we had a pretty good day, we practiced for choir, we sang Be Still My Soul. The Major Choir director started to cry and told us how his two daughters had both been killed in a car accident and when he was as low as he could go he listened to this song and it brought him back, he had peace. I was so impressed by how much music can really change your thoughts, and make you feel the spirit.

I also ended up sitting but with a whole group of random girls who turned out to be VISITOR CENTER GIRLS! It was so fun to talk to them and to hear what is to come for me. There were the Battalion, DC, and Temple Square sisters. I loved it, and turns out Sister Allen (DC VC) is good friends with Katlin Grey, so we were automatic friends. I am so excited to start VC training.

That Sunday night Max and I with out companions snuck off into a room and took many goodbye pictures (only on his camera) and gave a few illegal hugs. It was pretty sad, no tears, but I am so proud of him and so excited for him- he will be amazing! It was not until last night that I was looking for him and realized he was no longer there that I felt really sad. I am the only Vaterlaus left here, I better finish it off strong.

Monday was uneventful, kind of; we have had a pretty sick district. One of the Elders went in for a HIDA scan for his Gallbladder, another one a few weeks ago ended up with a major inflamed colon. All I can say to any future missionary, there may be a lot of food, but you don't have to eat it all, and avoid the juice. We taught two of our investigators.. One is a a boy who left his mission early and stopped going to church at got married then divorced. Even though it was fake we could really feel him changing it was so cool.

Tuesday was great, because we had a Devotional. We have been very surprised at the fact we have one had one of the 12 in 10 weeks. It's a record. I might cry if I don't get one in the 14 weeks that I am here.

We had a swell district meeting. These last two weeks have been hard for both the sisters and the elders because we are all in the hostile phase. Everyone is grumpy, and upset, and its kinda of depressing. So we try to lighten up the mood as much as we can. Its funny because people will just freak out. I can tell you that it is hard to be here for that long, but totally do-able for sure.

For the day after my group leaves I will be joining another English group in there the last week (awkward) and then I will be joining a week after the VC girls. So it looks like I will get to move twice and then finally maybe leave if I am cleared!!!!

I got my letters from the new mission president I am still waiting on new dress code, but it sounds like I will be doing a lot of tours. SO SERIOUSLY... this summer would be a good time for you go take a trip to NY.


I have learned so much from these experiences here at the MTC. To anyone thinking about a mission, it is a good choice, a HARD one, but a good one. I can already see how this is preparing me for my future. It is in no was easy, but the one major thing I have learned at the MTC is that I can do hard things and so can you. Give everything over to the Lord and good things will happen. I promise.

Thank you to the ward for all of the support, to my family who writes me, and to my beloved friends. It makes my day when I get a letter. I love you all, and hope you all the best.

Dashuri
Motra Vatri

No comments:

Post a Comment