Thursday, May 5, 2011

Letter 12 April 20, 2011

Hey, Mom! I get to do a quick email today!
Surprise!

So, I am serving in Henrietta! I do the sites like twice a week but mostly proselyting....
no joke. We have a super nice car and we have to drive every were probably a few hundred a day. But I love it.
Today we worked at "Cameron". It is a soup kitchen/After School Club Program. I did food service hairnet and ALL, and then paper work... I am so good at it....I have never seen so many people with hard lives.

I met a guy that is like maybe 35. He has 9 biological kids and like 4 step kids....all different moms. I am mostly working with drug addicted teens at this point. It's crazy. Fun though, and pretty safe. But there are drive by shootings a lot and stuff, cause I work in Rochester too.

My first Baptism is on Saturday. Her name is Kemi and she is Nigerian!!!! I thought grandma and grandpa would love that..... Then she is going to teach us to dance on Monday.

Apparently the ward I am working in is very well different. At the new beginnings the girls brought gangs in and it indeed in a huge fist fight brawl thing so I think I will be able to
help a lot.... lets hope?

I got to go the sacred grove and sit by my self for 20 minutes. I loved it. I prayed for MANY things, it was just so nice.

The weather is FREEZING. Last night I woke up at about 1:30 to a thunder storm slash lightening that would light up the whole house and shake it. It lasted for an hour. We have the nicest apartment in the area though! Anyways, my companion is Sister Wilkson.

I hear I got a package today. We are on our way to do a baptismal interview. This is the place for me....
Don't worry. I will be safe. Say hi and I love you all! I get to email on Monday again! Just a quick check in.. I will try and get you pictures.!
Love ya,
and my president (directors of VC) are the Albanians.... Lenkers.... look it up?
loves kissers
CLARE

No comments:

Post a Comment