Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sixth Letter from Clare! March 2, 2011

On my Mission....
Well, what a week....I don't think I will make it through a dull week until my mission is over. On Saturday we did our first full day of SYL (speak your language) and it was rough. It was pretty fun though to make sentences!

Anyway, I have been pretty sick still with a nasty cold and I can't have cold medicine. Sunday was great until I got called into the President's office. Apparently my district leader had talked to him and said he was concerned and worried that Iwould not be able to go to Albania.

First off, I was pretty upset, it was not his place, but it's okay, he was concerned. The president (being a docotor) was very concerned. He made me come in and talk to him for almost an hour. At times he was positive but most of the time he shed no confidence in me going to Albania. He told me that I would probably get reassigned this week to another Alb. speaking mission! THEY DON"T EXSIST. I was so upset.

I finally got him to agree if a docotor could prove it then I would be okay to go. So i had my appointment switched to Tuesday and I went in. From Sunday to Tuesday was awful. I had three decisions:

1. Go home (which was one of them because a companion such am I (sick) amd such a burden no matter where I go) which I understand.

2: To be reassigned

3: Go to Albania.

No one was really being positive, and I was sure I was going home. I decided to PRAY PRAY PRAY. Max and Talbot and their companions gave me a blessing on Sunday night. It was really good, and you can tell they were prepared for such a task. It said good things and prepared me for whatever deciscion was to come.

I had a dream to read Timonthy so I read both 1 and 2. It was a good laugh because it answered all three of the decisions and made each of them okay. SO this Motra read and I went to the doctor. He explained also that it is unfair to a companion kind of but it is totaly do able and he had faith. As long as the medicine works. So we went back on the
Doxpein, WHICH I LOVE, and it can be obtained in some form in Albania and he said he would write a full letter explaining how I would be able to go.

However at the MTC, if you see an outside doctor you must see the MTC one. (Who's number 1 hobby is sending missionaries home.) He was so negative and said I still will not go to Albania for the most part and that it is a slim chance. I lost my temper and gave him some
"advice".....I will leave it at that. He told me that I don't have to like him, so I guess that's good.

I told him that it was the Lord that gave me the call, not him. After that he said I better see the BIG president. I have been trying to get into him all day. However my branch president talked to me last night and I told him how frustrating this is that no one has confidence in my mission, and that I become even sicker when I am stressed about these things.

He said that the letter from the GI doctor would prove to be very helpful in the end. So in my mind, I AM still going to Albania, but who knows, apparently things may change.........Whatever happens I am will accept it, however, I am worried that people are forgetting that the PROPHET from the LORD gave me this call with full confidence in completing it. It has been a very VERY stressfull week, I thought once I got on a mission I would not have to make the decision again. Its okay though, I am doing alot better, and this medicine worked already so I have faith in whatever happens happens.


Anyways, past that, Albainian is coming along. It's hard to have the desire to learn it when I am being constantly told I will be reasigned. However, my teacher, who knows I am going, says I am doing great, even with missing so much class, and have so much stress and no voice at this point. He is proud of my language skills.

We had Ann Dibbs come and talk to us on Sunday in RS. It was amazing, I got to hang out with the prophet's daughter! She let us have a open form questions thing about him. So i feel like I know him very well! She kept us an half an hour more even! That night we had Stephan B. Allen speak again, which is good because he is my favorite. He asked all of the siblings in the MTC to stand up, and me and Max were like 2 of 8. It was cool to see! He talked about turbulence and how the Lord sends them to those he trusts.


Tuesday night we had Bishop Edgley come and speak; that was good. The best part was I was in the third row, and a guy from the NEW YORK TIMES came to take pictures for something, so I am pretty much in all of them. Please look out for me, I am in an orange sweater. IT WAS SWEET!

We have been getting new rules all over in our branch this week. We are not allowed to get our mail untill bedtime any more, which makes the days go ON and ON. However it's one more thing to be obedient on which means one more blessing...right?

Thank you to all who have been praying for me, sending me packages, and letters, and Dear Elders. It is very nice to have something to read, when the turbulence gets tough.

I am enjoying my time here even though mine is nothing like usual MTC experience. It is the HARDEST thing in the world, but as I continue I know its what is preparing me for my future.I CAN DO HARD THINGS! I am learning so much about the gospel and Albania. I truly have seen the Lord come into my life and challenge me but bring me blessings. I am greatful for this oppertunity, and will take what is in store for me!

I love you all!
THAT'S HOT!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment