Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 25, 2011!

On my mission:

Well, things have slowed down almost to a stop. We got the totals in this week, in just the Grandin building we had over 20,000 people come through and in the Smith Farm I think over 25,000. This last Tuesday after pageant we only had like 40 people come through the hill. It was quite the difference. We can not believe it....


I have started something new because we have so much time. I have started a mission
scrapbook slash journal. It is going to be sweet. In this mission we do what is called "sign journals." Pretty much its like writing H.A.G.S. when they leave. So it a mix of other missionary stuff and mine. It has kept me busy at the low times of the sites.


So we are still at the sites 4 times a week. So with that and P Day and then Sunday we get one full day a week in our area. SO still a lot of driving.


It has been an interesting week. We had about 6 self referrals come from the pageant in Henrietta...So Saturday we went out tracting to them, and I actually walked some and not only that but I got sweet shoe tan lines. It was awful though for one reason: every referral (remember they were self) said they were not interested and one was a fake. Sis. Carver was really down because of it, and I thought it was pretty funny and ironic. So we celebrated our failures with some McDonald's and then went to Brother Kie's for our weekly dinner. It was just us and the AP's. Brother Kie thinks it's so funny to try and set us up.....He made steak burgers..(....not public. but why WHY would you ruin a steak?) hahaha...


Then we went home and tried some others and then went to plan. It turned in to quite the evening. We decided to sleep on our deck, and set up our new DVD player and watch Mr. Kruger's Christmas. It was SO much fun until we were about asleep and it started to rain. So we brought our couch cushions back in and went to bed.


Then Sunday came, and we've decided to celebrate a holiday everyday. Yesterday just happened to be Pioneer Pancake day for dinner at our house, Parents day, and Christmas Eve in July. So today is Christmas in July....Celebrate.ha ha We have had SO much fun together. It is so different when you get along with your comp and you like each other. I am loving it finally.....


So after are failing Saturday we prayed for miracles. and we got them yesterday. We went to visit the Wingates, who are less active. The dad got baptized and then stopped coming. We called him and for the first time he was like this is the perfect time come over. It was so cool, he sat down and said, 'I want to come back to church." So we are working on them going to the temple. Then his brother was hiding in the corner he had listened to everything and then we saw him, and I said, "Hey do you want to learn?" He was like, "Yes." So we have him with soft Bap. date. Sweet! Then we went to visit a black lady who lives on the most dangerous street...sketch. She has been a member for 8 years, but when the church moved she stopped coming because she didn't know where it was. She has 5 kids, we will have to find rides for them to get to church, but we are now teaching her 13 year old daughter named Quniece. So we ended up having some sweet things happen.... Its all about your trial of your faith...


So yes, we have been working at the sites, we finally went back to our ward, people think we are inactive..hahaha with pageant.


I had to buy a new pair of shoes for pageant because one broke, so that's the 20....Its crazy how fast MSF runs out. My companion is making me run sometimes..

And I am just living the life of a missionary.


BUT CRAZY.. I forgot
On like Friday I think, a man from Switzerland came in with his family. He saw my name and we made the connection that he and dad served together. Pashkeo or something. I will have to get his name. I left it at home. He was known as the swearing DL..ha ha! That was so much fun though, they took a two hour tour... Seriously what are the odds that it would have been me!!!!


With my online stuff I have loved it. I have gotten more emails of changing lives, and I really feel that is one of the reasons I'm in this mission... Mom that is a great idea the B's. I will look into them. I am almost to 1900 I want to hit 2,000 by August. You should take my blog to those Girls Camp girls...

tell everyone hi, that I'm loving it and that I am doing well...Serving it up in the ghetto..
Now we are all going bowling!!!! The whole zone...fun!!!!!!!

Loves, Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment