Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sister Vati's 17th Letter! May 23, 2011

We were out of town so this is last week's:
Ckemi!

I hope that you are having fun in the New O! Welcome to my life now. So much humidity!


We are emailing so late BECAUSE, we went to the funeral of Sandy today. It was crazy, it has been a LONG week. Turns out she walked out of the building and died. We were the last two people to talk to her on this earth. And she had just bore her testimony for us for our tour. It was a good last day. The funeral was ALL non Mormons. She had 11 children. We had it at the LDS Palmyra ward building. President Lenker and President Christianson talked. Pretty much gave the plan of Salvation. We showed up and ended up singing Amazing Grace with 6 other sister missionaries. It was very nice. So we had half a prep day.

After that we headed down to the Subways again and played some Subway golf. Totally my idea. About 30 people showed up. It was pretty sick. Pictures to come. It was Elder Wilcox's birthday so we went to Dinosaur BBQ for dinner. I had a FRIED GREEN TOMATO...I did it just because of the movie for Mom and Emily. I also ate at People's Choice Kitchen
PCK. We had Jamaican Jerk. An entire butt load of chicken for 5 bucks.

We went with all of the Elders around before Fletch's baptism. It was a sweet one. We then went and ate lunch with him on Sunday after Stake Conference. Fletch does not cook so the elders brought noodles and cooked for us all. It was really fun. Fletch is an interesting man for sure, he is one of my faves.

Highlights: "Sister Vaterlaus, do you watch Cougar Town...? Maybe you should to prepare..."

He seriously has a 70's den I will send pictures....

We went and tracked in Myrtle Wood on Saturday for a few hours. I came out with about 13 new best friends that were maybe 16. We have found 5 Arabic families to teach. We are waiting until our Arabic sister from Imad Jordan to get transferred into our area.

We found my new favorite lady this week- her name is LISA. She has triplets for grandsons. Since Sister Wilkinson has been upset about Sandy, I have been throwing down lessons left and right for a few days. I committed a life long smoker to stop smoking, and then Sis. Compton, a life long coffee drinker to quite in one week...I guess I am doing well.. ha!


We worked at Cameron again this week. It is so funny, because we treat everyone else like they are white people from the west, but when I come in my friends Archie, Mike, and John seriously start secret hand shakes with me, beat boxing and then they Dougie. I love being one of them, because they treat me that way and it makes it so we can teach them. I love the CITY. We have spent most of week in the city or at the sites.

Oh yah! I forgot. I went my first day at the Grandin, and it was okay except Sandy died. We gave a few tours, still not my favorite site.

Then Friday we left to the Peter Whitmer Farm. That one was pretty good. Still not my favorite. But good. I have given over 100 people tours now! That one's fun because not alot of people come because its so far out of the way.

So we went on a few adventures. My trainer made me climb to the top of the church. How legal it was I have no idea. but I asked and she said no one has ever said anything....Then we sat with a retired FBI agent named James Wright. He wrote a book. He told me some SWEET stories. He worked on the Patty Hearst kidnapping, Una-bomber, and Temple Mass Suicide? His book is FBI.. He made me want to join way bad... He also sang to us all the way home. It's crazy how much we interact with them through out the week. We really get to know them and I love them!


Currently we have an animal of some kind in my wall by my bed. It has kept me up the past week....We finally called maintenance. I am hoping it just died or something. It is so loud. I can feel my body getting tireder and tireder for real. I think I even pulled a muscle when we were doing service in my chest. I have had bad chest pain again, but don't worry. No doctors or EKG's. I thought you would like that though. I wont go until January. I promise... ha


I am glad to hear you are all doing well in and so busy with Rotary. When is dad going to be released as SP? Any big news in life? The mission life is going well.... Loving it most of the time, and it is hard but it is fun. We are turning our car in for 3 days this week so we are going to live in Brighton and Palmyra for the week. Then we start at the sites for the entire summer of a commute of two hours total a day..fun... ha I would except burnt copies of scriptures or CD's with music.....


I am excited for my package! YAY!!
I love it. Dad, thanks for my letter and thank Mitch. My letters will be scattered this week but they will come. I promise...


Okay I better go... your all the best thanks for the support and prayers.
love CLARE

No comments:

Post a Comment