Tuesday, July 12, 2011

June 13, 2011 Letter 19

Well hello.

I just checked my blog. I am up to 869 views- can you believe it? It truly is my highlight in life here. I am doing pretty good, except I am still a little bit sick. I did find some top brand Claritin for 3 bucks that has helped a ton.

We have had yet another week of fun. My emails are going to start being the same because I am at the sites 4 to 5 times a week. We worked at the all of them this week but the PWF. I know it's missionary work but in my mind its more like work and fun.

So when summer is over it is going to be VERY hard for me to go back to "real missionary" work like tracking and things like that. We only have 22 more days and I might be training. I hope, I feel like nothing is that hard and I have no responsibility and that my trainer treats me like a child. So it will be nice, to not be a newbie and to be a complete half of a companionship.

I do love driving, because I am like captain now so I don't have to be in back either which is super nice.

Some highlights to tours this week:

Sis. Corriea told us this one I about died laughing.

She was giving a tour to about 19 people and she had a Chinese man in hers. As she was walking to the Frame home, she was pointing out the Alvin Tree which was buried in 1823 when Alvin, Joseph's older brother, died. It was customary to plant a tree when someone died. p.s he died on Max's birthday. So this Chinese man RUNS PAST HER. Her first thought was that he was going to run out into the road and get hit by the cars going by. To her surprise, it was UP the Alvin tree.

He started to take the flowers off of it and eat them. She was shocked. Visitors are not suppose to touch the trees let alone eat them. She just kept saying "But that's the Alvin tree!" hahahahahha! SO he continued to grab more and more he filled his entire shirt with them and then came down and explained that they were totally edible. She was freaking out, because he started given them to the other tour members and they were eating them. He got everyone
to try some and was shoving it in Sis. Corriea's face and she just kept saying, "That's the ALVIN TREE!!" After that she was sending them into the grove and she had to add to the rules: do not eat ANYTHING from the Sacred Grove- even if it's edible. After they left she went and picked up all of the stems and took them to Bob the grove whisperer to make sure they were edible. Bob didn't know and all he said is, "Well, we will find out in a little bit i guess." And he is a serious dude. haha....

So our two new rules are no eating things from the grove and no smoking them. Fletch swears he found weed and was trying to take some..we reminded him of the Word of Wisdom... haha.

My tours- I got to take an elder just coming home from Philadelphia and also Texas. It is always fun to take missionaries. I let them give most of the tour and testify so they can show everyone how much they have grown. Whenever my last transfer is.... Still might be May or June (neat fact: site sisters only serve about 16 months missions in NY) I will get to take you on a sweet tour and give you ALL Of the information. We can only give tours while we are missionaries towards the end....

I got the clear on Staci! All president said was as long as I don't get homesick then it's okay and does not interfere with my work. So I will have to figure out my schedule first. So I will hopefully know soonish. It's hard because transfers are two days before pageant.

As for my rap and cards. I think I might record my rap and do it for music hahaha and then yes my cards I just give out on tours and I give out to people on the streets.

Some lady just wrote me and said it's changing her life and she gave it to her whole relief society! Sweet!!!!

I LOVE BLOGGING.

We had the best dinner last night. STEAK. It was a brand new couple in our ward with two kids. They met on their mission in Fresno, CA. And her uncle was President Gammit- mine from the MTC. Small world.

CLARE

No comments:

Post a Comment