Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Letter 22!!! July 5, 2011

Great news! Sorry it's late. I got my new companion. I think I will really get along with her....


Her name is Sister Carver. She is pretty and you would pull the best friend thing with her because she loves to run marathons. We are in Henrietta still. We will move into Shortsville with two other sisters for the next two weeks starting tomorrow. I will be at the JSF for the first week, and then the HILL the second week.


I don't think we will have a preparation day. Its going to be nuts and crazy.


You can give Staci our number. 585- 415- 9643. I have been told I can go with them for some time for a dinner or pageant.


So this past week has been crazy. We got to work at all the sites for Wilkinson's last time. We were at the PWF the whole day- that was long. I gave me first tour there, and it consisted of 35 youth from HEARTFORD CN- like Gilmore Girls... It was a good Gilmore Girl experience, and I knew Emily would be jealous.


We had training on Friday and Saturday at the Hill with three head men from SLC. It was intense. There was so much contention. They were prepping us for pageant. We were out of miles and so we ended up staying in Brighton, and we were a little scared because someone had gotten stabbed the night before outside their window. There was still blood everywhere...But we rocked it for two nights so it was fine. SO I live in the ghetto and that's fine....

We played Bananza so many times- the bean game, I am obsessed. I am sad though because Sister W. took it with her....withdrawals major.

P-day was so FUN! President told me to sleep in so I could catch up, so I did. and Sister Wilkinson packed. Then I wrote some letters and cleaned the whole apartment. We went tracting with Sis. Sneddon and blitzed some doors with pageant stuff. Then we we to the church and played some Zombies and Eternal Lightening. So fun!


Then the big GAME.... We went to the baseball game, and it was epic. There were like 20 missionaries there. We ended up stuck in traffic for ever downtown.


So Sister Lowe who I love just went home, got out of the car and handed out pageant cards. Some boys took the card right behind us. She got back in the car and they ran back up and said, "Is this Mormonism?" We said yes, and they said we are freakin' Catholics. We felt weird...So Holm and Lowe got out of the car and walked to the stadium. About 10 mins latter the boys in the car behind us hit our car. I could see them swearing in the back. I got out and saw that no damaged had happened. SO Sister W. went and introduced herself and was super nice, and then said this must be humbling haha and they were by the end we were all best friends and things were good. Kill with kindness- it works.


Then we went to the game, and I got to sit with my favorite elders so it was so much fun. We lost but saw like 3 home runs. The fireworks came and it was sweet, and I love FIREWORKS.


We ended up teaching a few lessons after the game at like 1130...late...we got home about midnight and then Lowe and Holm spent the night- it was way fun! We were told to just get ready for transfers and so we did...and here we are.....Hopefully I can write you at some point again.


Anyways, I hope your 4th was good.

Sister V.

No comments:

Post a Comment