Tuesday, July 12, 2011

May 30, 2011 #18


Hey Girl-

Ouch, I wont come home unless I get really sick....Or get eaten by a tornado. We had another warning last night. We had lightening hitting our front lawn..It was insane. It went on from about 10 till 11:30. We couldn't sleep because it would light up the entire house. I honestly thought I was going to die. The RAIN never STOPS here. Seriously. It will be so nice and then BAM the world is ending. I kind of like it though. My hair is starting
to get curlier with the humidity. I am already pretty tan too.

I got your package! It was great thank you so much. I needed a chocolate pick me up so it was perfect that day at site. And the Bath and Body Works was great, Thank you! I loved it. I love B &B and I have been using my nail thing you gave me for Christmas like crazy- I LOVE IT. I have a new obsession with painting my nails. I have accumulated a few O.P.I. nail polishes. Its a good thing to do with all the young Arabic girls here that don't get God that much. We are building relationships right now mainly. So, I survived my first real NY transfer.

We had to turn our car in and so we stayed with the Brighton sisters. I went to USU with one of them before- small world. My old relief society president, Sister Michelle Hill is also in my mission. We worked at the Hill until 8:30 and had site meeting during it. We got pageant material, things are starting to pick up. I have given a total of 197 people tours now.


Thursday we went to Bativa for specialized training on Internet proselyting. We were given some more rules about it, my family can be my friends, and I can email occasionally but I cant really write on walls..But we have moved up to 3 hours of that a week. My blog has taken off well, I'm trying to beat the sister with 17,000 hits. Most people are about 500 and have been doing it for months, and I have just started and I am at about 400 hits. With my new schnazzy business cards, I will have 1500 more! I LOVE blogging, and please note the comment that I brought that man to tears. Ha! I love LOVE blogging. We are the ONLY mission in the world to have every one doing it...sweet eh? And Facebook has been so nice. Renee, my freshman roommate has been asking questions about church through it- who would have known? Its a big secret but we might be getting Ipads next transfer...we are a pilot mission. Crazy fun! Also for driving we need GPS. I am starting to drive this transfer but my companion has one. When she leaves I will most likely need one since I will be training. What would you like me to do for that? NY is crazy Mom!


Friday we worked at the JSF. That is my favorite by far. I gave quite a few good tours! Then we ate at Brother Kie's with the assistants. We taught Chuck Tiva and Sami. I am going back to paint Sami's nails lime green for the dance on Thursday. She is the one who tried to kill herself because the sister missionaries stopped coming.......

SO this week we start going to the sites 4 times a week.

Mon- prep day

Tuesday-Grandin

Wednesday-hill

Thursday- Cameron community service

Friday- JSF

Saturday- Grandin

SO much driving and work! I love it though and it is such a nice break up to have different people around. It's like we have 4 companions and I absolutely adore my senior couples that we are with a lot! Really neat people: FBI, retired cops, farmers, and veterans. I have been learning some sign language, and it is really easy for me to pick up on it now its crazy, After Albanian nothing can be hard. I had a full conversation with a deaf man today!

I'm trying to think of anything new...


random fact: New York people do not have lights on their ceilings- most use lamps.

Okay, if I think of anything else I will email back. I have to email Max!

I'm glad every one is doing well, and I have the sweetest card for Emily but i don't want it to get lost... Maybe you should go to Mt Rushmore! I'm glad to hear Kayla is good, and Crystal.

You're the best and don't worry I am doing well, loving it, (well when we are with a group of people 'cause our Elders are amazing!
Have a good week. Maybe the garden will come through, and please push my blog to everyone you know especially non members! Referrals can come through Facebook!

Okay Mom and Dad!

I love you and you are stallions!

No comments:

Post a Comment