Wednesday, July 20, 2011

June 28, 2011 Letter 21

Hey Hey Ckemi!

Well holy moly, we worked 6 days at the sites this week. It was pretty nice though. I absolutely love working at the sites because you don't really have to plan anything....at all. You just study it up. I gave a tour to a family from Norway this week. They came right at 6:30 and so we got out late, but it was fun! They came all the way here just for the sites, so it was pretty big trip.


I gave quite a few tours. Wednesday we worked at the BOMPS and it was so slow, I did not give one tour, I went up to the "sisters room" ha ha and took a two hour nap on the couch because I literally am exhausted. So that was nice. However I did make up for that on Friday. We worked at the BOMPS again and did not sit once. Over 250 people came for tours. At one point we did not even have a "main floor man" on the first floor- which is a requirement. People were just going around and looking and trying to find a tour.


No way! I came back and re-organized and then took a tour of about 35, and our investigators had shown up to0! So that was pretty sweet. I got to take them there and JSF. We had four youth bus tours come that day. ... I love youth, but its crazy.


So after getting out an hour late, we headed over to the JSF because the MOTAB was coming. Apparently they didn't know they were just surprised by getting to go to the Sacred Grove.

So 6 of the 12 buses came and sang Joseph Smith's First Prayer in front of the Frame home. We had about 1500 people come, including our investigators. It was so cool, people of all walks of life were able to come, and it was such a blessing because it got people to the sites! After that JS song they sang God Be With Us Till We Meet Again. All the missionaries came too with the people they are teaching, it was truly a serene event.


It was also nice because we got to go into pageant mode as a practice run. SO during pageant we are not doing any tours, we will be standing for hours guiding and directing. It is going to be a long interesting two weeks!


SO the chioir was on their way and some of their buses broke down so they were super late. We ended up being an hour late to Brother Kies. It was not very happy, and the ap's were even 20 mins latter then us...It's okay though- he got over it. He likes to try and set us up with the ap's here all of the time, we get quite a few laughs out of it.


Trainers got called yesterday we think, so I am pretty sure I am not training, which is completely fine with me.. I will hopefully find out my new companion soon though, I think I will be in Henrietta until at least November. Most sisters here only have 2 or 3 areas, seeing how I have less time, I will probably have to.....


So after president had finished the sister's transfers he got a call saying that they are sending one more out...ha ha he had to re do them all- the AP's were ticked.


I got to go to the temple finally we did initiatories and an endowment. It was so nice, The window in there that you see through is SWEET! One day you will have to come do a session...If dad is still SP he can come an release me after I give you tours and a temple session...then we can do the sweet stuff ....just kidding- but seriously. I am formally letting you know that it is customary to come...for site sisters.


SO when are you heading to Cape Verde?!


Max might be jealous of what we did for ward correlation. The W.M.L banked free tickets to the Rhino's soccer game, so we went on Saturday night. It was fun, and I had bet one of the elders of the win, the team scored in the last 10 seconds and I won a frosty! Haha we are having lots of fun. We kind of think its okay because we work so hard at the sites. This Monday we are going to a Red Wings baseball game with everyone before pageant, and our president approved it...it's sister W.'s last day so we are living it up....


We have taken up the Bean game, or Bonanza, and you would love that game. Mom, buy it. It's sad though.... Sister Wilkinson is leaving with it, so we are playing it as much as we can before she has to go.


I have been losing weight this week I ran out of MSF, so I am living off rice about two meals a day.....haha I will need to better manage the money...


I talked with a doctor here and I need to have a recommendation to get in to him so we are working on it. Pageant will be too crazy so I am waiting till after to actually see one.. Getting my thyroid checked is probably a good idea... idk though. I am just tired though, because we leave at about 6:30 or 7 in the morning to sites and get home around 10:30.....we work too hard I think..just kidding....

Anyways the Garmin is great! Thank you so much!


Pageant time is here, and I don't know if we will get to email for awhile, because of the 4th, and pageant...The cast comes this Friday and then the fun starts! I am sooo excited.


Highlights- I LOVE SENIOR COUPLES- I was teaching Elder Watts how to beat box and I call Sister Colledge my female stallion and she calls me her little duck...she is a fantastic woman....


Nothing really else has happened. We are not teaching anyone really right now because of sites. Waiting on transfers, and working on health....loving it.


We might go golfing with Sister Price today. They just converted the golf course owner. Good thing, he has a 73 hole GC..and she found out I golfed so she has committed me! I am excited!!!!


We had TWO HUGE storms this week. Lightening was hitting in our parking lot, and it woke me at 3:30 and I did not go back to sleep. Because my comp. was talking in her sleep after that and yelling, "Jesus doesn't love me....." It's been a long week of no sleep.


The other storm came while we were working the hill it flooded the whole parking lot, and then 4 bus tours showed up at 9:00 p.m and we still had an hour to drive. so we peaced.....I love CROWDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It sounds like you are staying active on the bike, mom you're not a wimp, you're a stallion....The kids sound fussy! haha make them come eat at Cameron's, they usually have bugs in their food...


Emily sounds like she is living the life for sure. and I have not heard from Alex in years......come on team! Just kidding...


Yes, keep up the good work, mom!!!

I love you all and hope things are going good!

CLARE

No comments:

Post a Comment