Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Letter 16 May 16, 2011

Hey Girl,

On My Mission-

So this week has been action packed.

After I emailed last week we went down to the abandoned subways. It was so sick. I loved it. There was so much graffiti it was honestly beautiful. We played capture the flag, it was pretty sketchy, there were some homeless men hiding, we invited them to play though, and some did. Haha. It was so much fun! I love New York!


Tuesday we drove up early to Palmyra (about an hour) for Zone Conference. We started out in the Sacred Grove, and it was beautiful. It had rained pretty much the whole week, but to our surprise it was nice and sunny! We talked a lot about our own true conversions on a mission. We focused on the talks from conference, desires and also the one about men and women a few from that. President got up and gave a great speech, it was surreal to have a ZC where God the Father and His Son really appeared, and it made it so the spirit was strong! After about three hours there, we went to walk through the Grove he gave us more of a tour, and we saw the Witness Trees. It is beautiful now because its all GREEN! I got some good shots I will send. Then we went to the Stake Center and did training there until 5. We watched Elder Hollands talk from the MTC which was great. Overall it was a fun day!

Wednesday we worked at the JSF, and it was super sunny. One of my Elders from Albania wanted me to count how many people I took on tours in 18 months. I am up to 97. It was another super sunny day, thank heavens! I am getting really tan, so that's hot!

That night we had a site meeting. It was another LONG LONG one. We didn't get home until about 10:30, and when we did my companion ended up having a companionship inventory until 11:15. I was done by then, and went to bed. Don't worry it got worked out....

Thursday we went to Cameron's again and we built some portfolios, served some food and met some more great people. My new friend Jamal, he had gotten shot about 4 times, don't worry- he showed me the bullet holes. Haha....

Friday we went and taught a lot of people. We don't have any with baptismal dates really, but some are progressing. We don't have enough time to teach because we are at the sites alot know. They actually might shut this area down for the summer and move us to Palmyra...IDK how I would feel about 14 girls in one house for a summer with 2 bathrooms..... we will see...

We were invited over on Friday night to the Sneeden's for dinner. She grew up in Mexico and now lives a great life with her husband. She had invited her Chinese neighbors over for dinner and another member family. We were able to teach them about God. They had never heard of Him before. The grandma had come too but she did not speak any English. I was able to connect with Rou long or something, because he is a computer programmer. They loved it, and even better we were able to give them two Chinese book of Mormons. You should have seen their eyes light up. They were pretty excited. It was good to, and they made homemade shrimp Chinese dumplings like sushi. Dad would have LOVED IT. They were pretty good.


The next day we taught a lady named Shunthina, and we are going back. It was good! Then we met about 3 more families from Iraq, that we are trying to teach. The parents are really into it but the 10 year old girl is not. She told me I looked like Hannah Montana and that I need to cover up my hair because I have no pride. It was pretty cute about how passionate she was about being Muslim. I wasn't even mad, because I was very impressed with her knowledge of it and loved her!


Saturday we went to a Baptism for member in the ward. We go to these to because its pretty much a huge success if an 8 year old gets baptized here. It's almost like a convert....

We went to Brother Kie's after for dinner. We eat at his house every week because he loves the sisters. The AP's live in his house, so its fun to eat with them once a week too. One of them is a BYU football player (Peck) and the other is a stallion from Seattle (Cook). I really like them a lot, they both do a fantastic job. Usually a lady named Sara and her family comes, she is a less active and we teach her but she did not come this week.

Most of the time I can't eat the food, so I hurt some feelings, but President has asked me to do that instead of getting sick. I really enjoy him though, he runs the Family History Center and is a veteran!

Sunday was good. We went to the Sneedkers for the 2nd time this week. She is so cute, and Emily would love her! She is really into juicing so we juiced with her, and then she fed us home made pizza made from vegetable bread or something. Tell Emily to add Carrie Sneedeker as a friend. Trust me. They would be best friends because she's like Lori L.

We also had a pretty good Gospel Princples. Our anti lady showed up. She is insane. She gets up every 2 minutes during sacrament and any meeting and switches seats. She whispers in people's ears about how the church is bad, especially investigators. We have do what we call Debbi repellent sandwich. We have to block our investigators from her. It is quite entertaining for sure....

Anyways today we are doing half prep day and going to the Lilac Festival, helping someone move in, and then on Wednesday we are taking a GROVE TOUR that's four hours long with Bob Parret in the Sacred Grove, it should be pretty neat. I hear its indescribable....

Well check out my blog SisterVaterlaus.blogspot.com the more hits the better! They are talking about having us blog and Facebook an hour a day now..... we will see. I would love it!

okay I love you all, and thank you for the support!
-Sister Vaterlaus!





No comments:

Post a Comment