Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Letter 24 July 18, 2011

On my mission.....

ITS OVER!!!!

Okay, so you know how elves prepare all year for Christmas and then it comes and goes. Well that's how I feel. We prepared all year and now it has come and gone. Kind of sad! I have honestly met over 15,000 people.

It was a long week. Most people don't think that this is a real mission, but let me tell you, you have to be so good at having the same conversation over and over again like a million times.


So here are some highlights-

Elder Costa came and he talked to all of the missionaries. It was quite the event, he told the same stories that he did in the MTC, which is total fine. Then he went off on how he was about he wanted to use the sword of LABAN on some of his investigators as a missionary..

So that's our new motto.....He gave the perfect visitor center quotes though....

"You can count the seeds in an apple, but you can't count the apples in a seed"

It is so true......I am so happy we are Facebooking missionaries. I gave out probably a few hundred, and I have been getting lots of emails from youth who have said different things...

ready..

1. One told me that she decided not to kill herself after I talked to her.

2. A boy said he was going to leave the church and after I talked to him he wants to go on a mission.

3. A future sister missionary said she hated her call, but after we talked she was sooooooo excited.

4. 13 people self referred themselves.


There are some of the miracles...

I know I am not baptizing, but I get to help so many people who will go out and do that! I like this work better anyways :)

So this week we worked at the hill, and I had been praying all week ALL WEEK to find an Albanian....I thought I could just get it over with...

It was Saturday night, we had our two investigators with us 5 mins till pageant. When Elder Lenker came up to me and said, "Do you want to meet an Albanian?"....I SAID YES! I can't explain to you how happy I was..We hunted through hundreds of people to find him again....When I did I just yelled out:

"CKEMI! SI JENI JU!" Hey how are you! We got to talk for a few mins in Albanian and he did correct me, which was fine, but he said

I was really good for not going there at all. he was impressed. He was already a member, so I don't think that he was "the one", but it was a nice answer to a prayer.

Then our investigators sat through the pageant with us and MEMBERS. They have been being taught for TWO and half years. WE did not even tell them to stop smoking, and she came with the patch on. I think they are starting to change! We are so excited. The next day one of the volunteers from England said her son wanted to talk to me on the phone, you will never guess where he served his mission...ALBANIA!!! So I talked for another 10 mins with him and he said the same thing. That I did great....I was so excited!

It really is weird to have pageant over with. We are going to have to have a schedule again, Not to excited for that. We had only a two week transfer as well..... So everyone got switched again. but us

We got a new sister named Chatterton ...any relation?

I had a member come into the hill yesterday, he was a professor at Harvard, and he in a very SERIOUS manner, said that our mission president needs to allow us to watch Harry Potter because it had to deal so much with the veil, and he said that he was going to email President......funny.....

My blog hits are almost up to 2,000! I am so excited for it. I need more to read it though, I am working on it.

The Harry Potter man also brought up a good thing, he said its not all about you, its those Albanians, maybe they are being prepared......it was a good thing he said that I never thought of it that way.....I am starting to practice even more...

Anyways we are back in our area part time, we are still at the sites 4 days a week! Which I am happy about, because one shot summer....I will be home by this time next year crazy.....

I also ran into one of my EFY counselors- fun! Jazmine Baer..? Well life is good, companion is great, and question, what do you think about sending me my external hard drive.....sending cds now is too expensive but I would need it soon ish....I have a full card and my other one broke....

well I am happy to hear you saw the movie that shall not be named, and I hope dad has a HAPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I am working on gifts this week, this past two have been nuts!

Well anyways, you're hot!

love CLARE

No comments:

Post a Comment